Fee Refund Policy
Under the Tuition Protection Service (TPS) framework, students are entitled to a refund under the provision of the ESOS Act 2000 and ESOS Regulations 2001 in the following circumstances.
Fee refund schedule:
|Visa refusal prior to commencement date||100% refund less non-refundable administration fee of $200|
|Bayside International College cancels the curse prior to commencement date||100% refund less non-refundable administration fee of $200|
|Withdrawal 29 days prior to the commencement date||80% refund of tuition fees less non-refundable administration fee of $200**|
|Withdrawal 0 – 28 days prior to commencement date||50% refund of tuition fees less non-refundable administration fee of $200|
If a student is refused a visa and the reason for the refusal is:
|Withdrawal after the commencement date||No refund|
|Visa refusal after the course commencement||Tuition fees refunded will be the weekly tuition fee multiplied by the number of weeks the student is in default|
|Compulsory Health Insurance (Student Visa holders only)||Refer to OSHC provider|
Refund Procedure- Student Default
- The Refund Form and Withdrawal Form signed by the student needs to be submitted to Admissions.
- Bayside International College will assess the refund application as per Refund Policy.
- In the case of an application being granted, the student will be issued a statement detailing how the refund was calculated
- The PEO approves the refund assessment.
- The student is notified in writing of the outcome of the refund assessment and payment of refund will be made where applicable.
- All refund cases will have the refund processed within 28 working days.
- In the case of an unsatisfactory outcome, the student will be advised to lodge a complaint and appeal as per consumer’s rights in accordance with state/territory laws.
Refund Procedure- Provider Default
The tuition fee will be refunded in full in any cases of provider default:
- Under the Tuition Protection Service (TPS) framework, if Bayside International College is unable to fulfill its obligations to complete a course, the TPS framework will facilitate the placement of students in the first instance, and where this is not possible, provide a refund of unexpended tuition fees (i.e. tuition the student has paid for which has not been delivered by the provider).
- Bayside International College defaults if the course it offers does not start on the agreed starting day.
- Bayside International College defaults if the course stops being provided after it starts and before it is completed or the course is not provided entirely to the student because the registered provider has had a sanction imposed.
- If Bayside International College defaults, the student will be refunded within 14 days after the default day and receipt of the Refund Application Form.
- Bayside International College will give the student a statement that explains how the refund amount has been worked out.
- Bayside International College dispute resolution processes do not circumscribe the student's right to pursue other legal remedies.
- This agreement and the availability of the complaints and appeals processes, does not remove the student's right to take action under Australia's consumer protection laws.
- The refund policy is subject to review from time to time.
- The Institute recommends that you read the ESOS Framework Information, which provides legislative protection for International students, available at: https://internationaleducation.gov.au/Regulatory-Information/Pages/Regulatoryinformation.aspx